Friday, April 11, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Me...



Right...

What does it tell you when your partner forgets your Birthday, and your ex-wife calls to wish you a happy one? Well, I guess it tells me that I should be off to see the Wizard. Follow the Yellow Brick Road, fool.

Why even the local radio station sent me an e-mail to wish me a happy birthday - wait, now I just got one from KFOG in San Francisco... Shit, they even got Chris Isaak to sing to me... damn. Thanks ladies & guys...

What song is on the radio?
"I Can See Clearly Now" - Jimmy Cliff ...thanks again KFOG.
I love that station.

I'm not going to feel down about it, after all he never mentioned our anniversary either - so I guess I can take a hint. It's been almost 9 years now that we've been together - I guess there really is something to be said about "The Seven Year Itch". I'll be burning a candle to help me see the pathway.

Here's a little tercet I've written
Just to commemorate this occasion:

At the end, there is always a new beginning...
Head held high and shoulders back
I'm off and on - no beaten track...
Often...

Now, where the hell are those Poppies?

5 comments:

Randilin said...

Hey Rainbow Demon

You had commented about joining the Pagan Blogger's Network. But you didn't say what Blog you wanted added and you have 5 of them.

could you post another comment and let me know.

Sorrow said...

ahhhh
pay no attention to that man behind the curtain....
I have always likened myself to the tin man..
but it was an illusion...
sigh.
Happiest of days to you...always.

Ur-spo said...

what happened to my comment from the other day?
I wrote "many happy returns on the feast day of your nativity" but the blogger boggarts apparently erased it.
alas and sorry.

Rainbow Demon said...

Thanks Randlin.
Peace,
=RD=

Anonymous said...

Thanks you guys. He finally remembered... Tin Man was always close to my heart too, Sis.

LOL Urs... The Feast Day of My Nativity. I Love it. Thanks.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin