Friday, July 11, 2008

At The Station

I didn't get to see the Dalai Lama at work today, but I felt a cool sense of calm throughout the day.
I would have loved to catch a glimpse of him, and had I known - I would have stayed a bit longer. I had to meet my Step Mom for lunch, and that was cool. Maybe I'll see him sometime this weekend.

I usually put a post about the radio show over at =CoffeeHouseStudio=, but I thought I'd try one here today. Here goes...


Another absolutely fabulous morning... but a bit hot this afternoon. Oh well, it is June after all.

I exhibited a great amount of restraint this morning, not mentioning the passing of FISA by our fantasic and illustrious Senate - over the airwaves - in fact I steered clear of any and all things political (except for some tunes) but generally speaking one of the 7 words will slip out when I'm giving a passionate speech - so I decided not to give the speech... smooth sailing.

Hoping to catch a view of the Dalai Lama, I went outside and 'snuck' a cigarette during "Reformation Blues"; a copy of which Adrian Shaw (bass) had sent me (he is an ex-bass player of Hawkwind) from a release (Acid Jam 2000) on his record label: Woronzow Records. I must say thank you again, Ade for all the cool tunes - including your solo CDs and The Bevis Frond CDs.

Also got a phone call at the station about cussing... I didn't, but the listener swears that Grace Slick does on "The Son Of Jesus"... I never heard it, and it's not listed in the lyrics. I know that Gracie uses the fabulous "fuck" word from time to time, and we are careful of what we play on air - so I politely disagreed with the caller.

...and now the List:

"SPONTANEOUS APPLE CREATION" - CRAZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN

"THE TELL-TALE HEART" - ALAN PARSONS PROJECT

"BROKEN WINGS" - ATOMIC ROOSTER

"TURN TO DUST" - ANDROMEDA

(*)"HOMICIDE" - 999

"GOOD DAY" - NEKTAR

"FUNK #48" - THE JAMES GANG

"ONE WAY OUT" - ALLMAN BROTHERS (LIVE)

"REFORMATION BLUES" - NICK SALOMAN / ADRIAN SHAW

"HIGH RISE" - HAWKWIND

"LADIES OF THE ROAD" - KING CRIMSON

"FAITH HEALER" - SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND

"THERE'S A MAN" - INCREDIBLE HOG

"GOIN' DOWN (FOR THE THIRD TIME)" - STARS

(*)"OF THEE I SING" - LEON RUSSELL

(*)"GIMME SHELTER" - MERRY CLAYTON

"SOUL SURVIVOR / SISTER MORPHINE" - THE ROLLING STONES

"A GALLON OF GAS" - THE KINKS (LIVE)

"VENUS" - THE SHOCKING BLUE (LIVE)

"BACK TO THE FARM" - KINGDOM

(*)"I'M THE SLIME" - FRANK ZAPPA

(*)"MASTERS OF WAR" - BOB DYLAN

"WHISKEY WOMAN" - JUKIN' BONE

"THE SON OF JESUS" - JEFFERSON AIRPLANE

"I WANT TO SEE ANOTHER WORLD" - JEFFERSON STARSHIP

"FUNKY #7" - HOT TUNA

"HEARTBEAT" - HUMBLE PIE

"IF I COULD FLY" - AZTERIX

"RIDE IN THE SKY / TOXIC SHADOWS" - LUCIFER'S FRIEND

"NATURAL SCIENCE" - RUSH (LIVE)

...THERE IT IS. ANOTHER EDITION OF SPAC
(*) denotes request / dedication


PEACE
Jimi The Hippie

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin