Friday, June 19, 2009

What Would You Do For A Klondike® Bar?

I certainly wish that this black cloud would blow away. It's been hanging around for much too long. Dropped my hard drive and lost 45,000 music files. That really sucks. The radio show will probably be a little lean this week without them.

Saw D-Man in prison yesterday, joked that orange wasn't really his color - and that he shouldn't drop the soap - and then cried later on (not in front of him). He looked good in spite of the circumstances. I wanted to give him a big hug - but that damn glass is pretty thick. We each held our hands up to the glass at the end of the short visit and stared into each others' eyes.

I miss him so damn bad. Every night I keep looking over at the chair he used to sit in while we watched Family Guy together and bawl my eyes out.

Feeling a bit helpless and frustrated. He doesn't know what the other charge against him could be... I had the money to pay his fine, but they told me that if I paid it he would be transferred to another prison. Need to seek more legal advice. Problem is, I don't have any more money. Rent and auto insurance are due at the same time so I'm kinda strapped right now, financially.

I guess I need to hit the lottery. Thank gawd, at least that I have a job... These times are not the best economically speaking. Many friends are unemployed. I just need to regroup and think this thing out.

I have the names of two lawyers - now would be a good time to call one, I suppose.

2 comments:

Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
Your hard drive could be rescued. Try taking it to a local computer repair place. Have them make two copies, if possible, and keep one in a safe place.

Has your friend seen a public defender, yet? You could try contacting Legal Aid for advice, also. They're free.

The local Bar Association should have a Legal Referral Service. For a small contribution to the Bar, you can get a free consultation from an expert in the field. Most lawyers will give you a free initial consultation, also. If there are any Constitutional or civil rights issues involved, try the ACLU or the LAMBDA Legal Defense Fund.

Good luck. Let us know if we can help.
.

ॐ JIMI THE HIPPIE ॐ said...

Thanks Cosa.

I'm trying the Veteran's Administration tomorrow, since my friend is an ex-Marine - then the Bar Administration again tomorrow, since the person I talked to today was very belligerent on the phone.

The problem is between the two counties... Red Tape Bullshit... The fucking system... I'll never give up on him. He saved my life, for what it's worth.

Public Defenders won't help. They say there are no charges yet. I don't get that one. The man is in prison for 45 days after the magistrate dropped the charges...
???

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin